Finally

Finally, some crafting is happening around here again.

A-piano-103

I just completed the little sweater/shrug above. It's so tiny, very short with cap sleeves, and I used fairly substantial yarn, so really, it shouldn't have taken this long to make, but life has been so busy! It's a free pattern I've used several times now and I love it so much that I recommend it to everyone I know (including you, dear readers!). It is so versatile, so quick and easy, in the seamless style I love because there's no need for sewing up. The shrug even fits my older daughter, which is a relief, because that means this will be able to be worn for at least several years.

A-piano-102

A-piano-101

I have needed a creative fix. It's so hard not to have that kind of time to create something with my own hands without constant interruptions. I've found myself turning to photography more lately because I get instant results – and I love it (more on that in a future post) – but oh how I have missed working with fabric and yarn and tangible loveliness.

Do you have a strong desire to create? If so, what is your favorite way to indulge your creativity, and how do you make the time and space in your life to do so?

12 thoughts on “Finally

1. Michele

The shrug AND your photographs are beautiful, Christine! Thanks for sharing!
    I thought I’d have been busy making things for the baby all this time, but that hasn’t been the case at all and I’m not sure what the creative block is. Maybe once I meet him or her inspiration will return.

Good to see you are finding some creative time again. One of these days, I might learn to knit something more complicated than a straight line scarf. Maybe.

The sweater and the photos are great! There are a million things that I’d like to do that involve space and time I don’t have (like mosaic making), and so I also turn to little projects that I can start and stop and … just put away!

4. ThePomegranateGrl

Beautiful! What a great sweater. Gosh, she is so beautiful!
    Summer is so hard to keep up projects and creative juice. I have felt the same way. I find I lean towards photography and gardening over knitting and fabric. I recently started some small stash buster projects and that has given me another creative quick start.

Gorgeous!
    I love to cook. Yesterday for the first time in a long time, I had a free afternoon so I made all sorts of things. A big dinner and got tonight’s dinner started too. I made some jars of homemade salad dressing to get us through the week and made a pie.

6. Babette

I love that shrug…Can I make in me size??? Lovely photos, too…
    Wrote all day for money–now to get cooking (I really want to make Tuesdays with Dorie’s Rum-soaked Vanilla cakes…yum.)

7. Meredith

These are such beautiful photos (of a beautiful child!)!
    Creating…in addition to writing I love making mosaics and I love painting and collaging on furniture. When I’m in the middle of a large writing project where the end isn’t quite in sight yet I find that I do more mosaics…I find it relaxing and also feel like I’m accomplishing something tangible. It’s a good feeling.

8. Victoria

Oh I think I need to cast on for this cardigan right away! I think it will look lovely in blue for my baby boy, I have been looking for something simple like this. About creativity, I tend to blog a little more often when feeling creative and I always have a simple knitting project I can knit a row here and there without having to look at a pattern. I also tend to go for photography as you say too 🙂

Oh, what gorgeous photos and what a beautiful child! I love doing art projects but never seem to give myself “permission” to take the time. And that is a shame, because it gives me so much joy and satisfaction to use my hands to create. Glad you are able to set aside the time for the things you love to do.

10. Ma Stump

Yur photos, moments, ideas are inspiring! I wrote about your blog in mine. Everything is adorable! What a beuatiful family! =)
    Kind regards from Brazil!