Welcoming Anna

Our newest little one arrived on October 28th.

We feel very blessed. She is like a gift for each one of us. Things have gone a lot smoother than I anticipated, mostly because our children are so spread out in age.

I'll keep this post short for now, as I'm still perfecting the art of finding online time with so many demands on my time, but here is a quick photo of Anna in wool legwarmers I knitted up for her. I made the blanket she is lying on too, out of wool jersey, doubled over and sewn together, and trimmed in a simple blanket stitch.

The legwarmers were made with a plain merino wool I found here in Japan. The gauge is 6 stitches to the inch and I cast on 36 stitches. Very simple.

Each sibling is very much in love with our little Anna, and I'm beginning to think this four-child thing is going to be a great adventure.

32 thoughts on “Welcoming Anna

1. debbie

Hooray! Welcome to the world, little Anna! That is one gorgeous family you’ve got there. Love the leg warmers, and I can’t wait to see her in that little dress you posted not long ago. Congratulations!

2. Stephanie

Oh my gosh! I normally read your posts and never comment… but I must comment! You have the most adorable children I have every laid eyes on! (okay, maybe next to my own ;)) They are all so beautiful and unique in their own ways! Pictures of Anna/aka#4 makes me want a #4! Alas, 3 has given me a run for my money, REALLY! Sigh…she is too beautiful for words… congrats to you and your growing family.

Welcome Anna! What a beautiful name you chose. As the little one in the family, she’s always have many loving arms ready to cuddle her! Hope you are well, congratulations!
    PS I can’t wait to see her in the lovely pink dress you knitted for her!

4. Lindi

Congratulations Christine and family… and welcome baby Anna..
    What a blessing so many children in your life must be…May her days be filled with Love, Joy and peace.

5. Nancy

OMG–what a cutie, and what a beautiful family you have. Congratulations. Be kind to yourself as you get back on your feet–we’ll wait while you attend to the really important things!

6. Jenn

Congratulations! She’s adorable… I hope you take time to heal and appreciate the beauty of your family during this hectic time (and that you’re able to get lots of sleep!)

7. Beth @ Upper West Side Mom

Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of Anna! I love all the pictures but I particularly love the picture of Daniel and Anna. There’s something so wonderful and uncomplicated about the relationship between two siblings 9 years apart.

8. özlem erkal

newborn children to the mothers said we are following with interest your site allah anal Let Daddy would grow, I have twin sons in my 4.5 years old children is very difficult to get easy come sevgiler
    türkiye

9. sheryl

I’m coming to this post very late (is she walking yet?) but will still offer my congratulations on this beautiful baby! I just love the legwarmers -they’re adorable, as is the rest of your family.

10. kristin

oh!! i must have been sleeping when you posted this because i can’t believe i would miss an opportunity to say congratulations!! what a beautiful family…and anna is just as sweet as can be…congratulations to you all! how i just love baby photos…especially ones where baby’s little itty bity toes are peeking out from scrumptious leg warmers. so much sweetness…you are truly blessed. sending love your way…xx,kristin